Wednesday 14 September 2011

Do we have a professional obligation to share?

Ok people, I have a confession to make – My name is Ashley and I love sharing knowledge with others and having people share my knowledge with me. Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I was reflecting on this notion today.

People who know me know that I love to hear stories.  I love it when somebody shares something that they are doing in their classroom.  Even if I don’t think it ‘adds value’ to my life, it is still fun to hear.  I am also an ‘idea manipulator’.  I will see or hear about an idea that somebody else is implementing with their kids and modify it to suit my needs.

But my question is do we have a moral and professional obligation to share? I know that some people find this very difficult.  I feel that as educators we do.  We should be sharing out wealth of knowledge and resources to aid the wider educational community to have kids do great things.

I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment